From: paul stenquist

From: eckinator

2010/12/5 John Francis <jo...@panix.com>:

For around half the weight (and half the maximum
aperture) you could have one with a slightly longer
reach that was compatible with your existing
equipment. ?The trick is to find one at around half
the price, too :-)

? ?http://www.panix.com/~johnf/temp/FatAlbert.jpg ?
?http://www.panix.com/~johnf/digital/250-600.html ?
?http://www.panix.com/~johnf/gallery/images/sdwap615.jpg

I know... I've been begging to catch one for ages... IIRC there
actually was one in the bay last year that did go for around
half the price but I missed it. I'll happily plunge up to my
neck into debt for one the moment someone decides to sell
theirs. Are you reading this, whoever you are? Ecke

Every once in a while, just for giggles & grins, I search for
"Pentax 800mm f4". Always turns the same one up, listed as "In
Stock, Used" - priced something like $7600 with a button for
"Make an Offer".

Always cheers me up after I've been working on my budget.

If I can manage to stick to the budget, my projected income
exceeds my projected expenses by about $7.60 a month. If I devote
all of my surplus towards it, I should be able to buy it in
another 83 years. 8-D

You have a 6x7?

No, but I figure I can get one by the time I can afford that lens. It'd only add what ... an additional 65 years at my current rate of savings?

Or maybe spring for a Pentax 6x7 Lens Adapter K ... I can probably afford one of those in just 16 years.

Looks like I'm going to have to find a J-O-B if I ever want to buy any more camera equipment.