From: "Daniel J. Matyola"

I still have both of my flight jackets from 1963-1968.  They both
still fit, and I still wear both of them occasionally.  Neither meets
your description.

One is the classic Navy issue G-1 brown leather jacket, with mouton
fur collar.  The other is a green nylon jacket with green lining,
which was also used with the high altitude pressure suit.  It was
always described as green.  Had anyone suggested that it was "sage,"
he would undoubtedly have suffered a great amount of abuse.  I also
can't image giving flight crews jackets with orange lining to use in
combat situations.

The MA-1 is the Air Force type designation for the Air Force issue flight jacket that replaced the older leather jackets. The fur collar on the leather jackets interfered with the straps on the ejection seat or something.

The MA-1 was also issued to Navy pilots, and later to Army helicopter pilots - one of those simplify logistics by having a common issue across all services ideas. The original MA-1 issued in the 50s had a green lining. "Sage" is the official nomenclature of the green color chosen - "Jacket, Flight, Sage Green, MA-1". It's not quite Olive Drab.

I figured the Marine pilots would get the same issue as the Navy pilots when it came to flight gear. Maybe not, inter-service rivalries being what they are. Your green nylon jacket might have been old stock the Navy foisted off on the Marines.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/pspages/ma1_jacket_sage.php

The lining was changed to orange in the early 60s to give downed pilots something to assist search and rescue in spotting them on the groud. With the jacket zipped up, you can't see the orange lining.

You'd actually have to put the jacket on turned inside out for the orange lining to be visible. Or take it off and wave it over your head when the helicopter got real close.