On 12/7/2010 4:43 PM, P N Stenquist wrote:
I agree Boris. it's alway better to wait. However, I don't like to
wait to sell my oldest body, because once the new camera is released,
it becomes a generation older and loses value. And with a big job on
my schedule, I needed a backup, so I dove right in on the K-5.
Fortunately, I got lucky and can find no evidence of sensor
contamination.

Absolutely. As long as you do things /knowingly/ and not by the impulse. It seems that many people on PF are very impulsive and very fanatical about Pentax. Neither is good IMO.

However, my own testing suggests some people may be imagining
problems. On one of several tests I conducted, I noticed that a speck
of black dust on a piece of white paper can show up as a blob when
the paper is shot out of focus at f22. The testing has to be
performed very carefully and should be repeated with an alternate
target.

Paul

Indeed. The more delicate the problem (and this one is probably the most delicate to date) the more accurate and careful has to be the testing.

Boris