I switched from Windows to Mac several years ago because of the instability of
the Windows OS. That reason alone is good enough to justify the switch, but I
much prefer Mac software over Windows. Mac has much less "office/business"
software, but much more software to cater to your creative side. The software
is almost always available in a trial version that isn't disabled during the
trial period, it is updated far more often than Windows software, and it is
cheaper much of the time. Several of the programs I am using have free upgrades
for life.

Jeffery