Thanks, Jack. I think I prefer the soft focus as well. Now, we'll just see how *they* feel about it.

And thanks for all the pointers. I feel a little better about submitting the image that way -- thanks to the relatively small maximum upload size.

-- Walt

On 12/8/2010 4:25 PM, Jack Davis wrote:
Believe I prefer the "softened focus."
I've never hesitated to clone at will for any use including submission to the
PPG. Drastic element manipulation would give me pause.

Jack

--- On Wed, 12/8/10, Walter Gilbert<ldott...@gmail.com>  wrote:

From: Walter Gilbert<ldott...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: PESO: A Swallowtail in Respite
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List"<pdml@pdml.net>
Date: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 1:44 PM
   I don't think they allow any
sort of cloning in the images, and only
minor filter effects -- and not being adept at cloning at
all, would
most likely make a complete hash of it anyway.  :-)

I've done up a couple of versions both resized to the
600-pixel height
required for submission:

Crop with plain focus: http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/5244452247/

Crop with softened focus: http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/5244451549/