From: Walter Gilbert

Also, I'm hesitant to do much more with it as it was among my earlier
shots and I wasn't vigilant about keeping my original images back then.
So, unfortunately, that's the highest resolution version copy I have --
1600 pixels long-side.  I hate to give up much more resolution than
that.  At this point, I'm inclined to submit it as-is, and if it gets
rejected, do a little cropping and maybe do a little graduated softening
of focus around the edges to obscure that part of the fan leaf and see
if that'll give it a boost.

Idunno ... what do you think?

-- Walt

The hardest lesson I had to learn in Photoshop was when to quit messing with something. There's always a point beyond which you will not be able to improve your image, and that's the time to quit. You just have to be able to recognize when you've reached that point.

It's the image you have, and if you think you've reached the point where you can't improve it any more, then I agree, it's time to submit it.

I say go for it.