On 2010-12-10 16:23, John Francis wrote:
On 2010-12-10 11:42, Dario Bonazza wrote:
Jack Davis wrote:

I wish there were an AF-C custom function setting available wherein I
could disallow the shutter's releasing unless focus is achieved.
Still, for special affects, re-focus or.. I'd like to retain a shutter
priority option.
Make sense to anyone else?

The K-5 has it. About AF-C, you can select between Focus Priority and
FPS Priority (meaning shutter priority).

And the ist * D and K-10D, too.

I don't think so.

On those earlier bodies, AF-S is fixed at "focus priority", and AF-C
at "release priority".  There's no way to select a different mode
while keeping the same AF-S/AF-C setting.

I would have sworn that not only was there a setting to change it, but that I had changed it in the past. But I can't find it in the camera at the moment.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)