On Dec 11, 2010, at 5:58 AM, paul stenquist wrote:

> I don't think continuous autofocus is predictive. It just continues to adjust
> focus as the shutter button is held down at least half way. I think that if
> it were predictive, it would work only for one rate of subject movement.

The Z-1p had predictive AF (I just checked the manual).  So I hope the DSLRs
have it!  There shouldn't be any reason why you couldn't track an accelerating
subject, unless the sensors impose a limitation of some kind.

I'm starting to get frustrated with my K10D because it seems to be trying to
focus beyond infinity with wide-angle lenses, when I try and focus on distant
subjects.  Might need to have it looked at because I have it set to only
release the shutter if it's in focus, while in AF-S mode.  So I have to use
AF-C a lot more.

Cheers,
Dave