> Le 18/12/10 10:44, AlunFoto a écrit :
> > people find it a very liberating place to live because France feels
> > >  hide-bound and restrictive.
> yes but ... lots of english and american people come to France to stay
> .... oh well I guess the proverb is right : grass is always greener in
> your neighbour's garden .
>
> dominique

yes, absolutely right. I would love to have a place in Paris, and I would
like to retire there when the time comes.

One aspect of course is that young people always feel restricted when they
are at home, and this is one reason why they travel, to find freedom. One
can argue that all of literate and history is the rebellion of the young
against the old!