From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
Boris Liberman
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2010 8:00 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: New 12-35 lens on the way

On 12/19/2010 2:11 PM, paul stenquist wrote:
> Then why worry about the lens frame? A lens designed for APS-C will
> outperform one designed for 24 x 36. (They're both full frame. Just
> different frames.) Paul

I opine (may be wrong, but that's my right) that some 24x36 designed
lenses outperform some 18x24 ones. In particular, some Sigma EX 24x36
lenses show impressive degree of correction of geometric distortions.
For my kind of shooting it makes them particularly attractive given
their price tag.

You're however absolutely right that there are no "partial" frame lenses
here. Unless of course, we're speaking of circular fish eyes /grin/.

Boris

follow the directions.