I did the same thing a while back. Earlier on, I had a hard time with
digital.  I think the "take as many as you want" devalued the pictures
in my mind.  The most difficult part, however, was adjusting to the
lack of prints.  It makes no sense since you can have them done at
Walmart if you like, but you had to do it with film whereas it felt
like a waste of money with jpgs.  One of my favorite parts of the the
PDML is that you do have a place to show your pictures, and that
provides a nudge to complete the process and get your shots to the
"show the world" stage.

--
Steve Desjardins