Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "eckinator" <eckina...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Adorama

Did you get a Gitzo then? I'll take delivery of one next week or so as
part of my effort to build a business around used photo gear. Having
heard so many good things about them, I look forward to giving it a
good try before selling it again, hopefully at a profit.

Yep, I got a 3530LS. I had a Gitzo 1548 that was bought solely for my 600mm. It had an annoying feature that in led to my selling it - the 3 section legs rotated when you tried to lock/unlock them - it required two hands on each leg to extend/or retract them. With the 3530LS they incorporated so called 'G' locks that only required one hand to extend/retract. A definite improvement which makes you wonder why this issue wasn't noticed by them in the development stage - I mean they've been making them for years.

Anbother reason to get the 3530 was that it weighed significantly less than the 1548 (both carbon fiber) and in fact weighed less than my everyday Bogen (that I sold to a list member) - so I went from two tripods down to one and with what I sold both tripods for It was a wash on the 3530.

Out of the box the 3530 had some build in issues also - the rubber feet needed to be 'Loctited' in as they would back out during usage and I'd probably have lost one before I was told to look out for it. It also had an improperly torqued top bolt that allowed the top plate to to move out of position that would have eventually detatched from the tripod legs with head and lens attached.

A lot of money for these Gitzos but I feel I'll never have to but another tripod.

Cheers
Ecke