You might consider a non-SLR camera like the Olympus E-PL1 or Panasonic GF-1.
These have many of the advantages of an RF but at a much lower price. Both
these bodies can also take an optional electronic VF.
-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Allen <andrewdall...@gmail.com>
Sender: pdml-boun...@pdml.net
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 00:39:56
To: <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Focal Length Constriction and RF's

First, let me say thank you to those who e-mailed me with suggestions
on how to enjoy this mailing list and send some specific messages
straight to the circular file.  That being said, I suppose one must
have a thick skin when dealing with any 'open' internet forum.

Back to photography, I was wondering if anyone has the same affliction
I do; that is, using certain focal lengths almost exclusively.  I find
that 90% of my needs are covered by the rough range of 24mm - 85mm
(this being a 35mm equivalent range).  That is wide through portrait -
clearly, I don't do any birding or serious sports work.  Recently, I
had a friend told me I should try out a RF for my needs - of course
I'd love an M9 - but I've yet to win the lottery.  Any thoughts on
this focal length constriction, and the use of a RF for street
shooting versus a DSLR?

--
Andrew Allen
Freelance Photographer and Writer