On Dec 24, 2010, at 11:46 AM, Paul Stenquist wrote:

> Think about what each tag means, make big adjustments and watch the results.
> You can always restore the default. For example, "hue," it means the
> direction in which the overall color leans. Go one way, and you'll get more
> magenta. Go the other way, you'll get more green. "Saturation:" How saturated
> is the color? More saturation will give you more colorful colors -- if you'll
> excuse the redundancy. "Luminance;" Although I'm an ACR user and not a
> lightroom user, I would guess this gives you more midrange brightness, much
> like the brightness knob in ACR. (Don't know why Adobe doesn't use the same
> terminology.) But make an adjustment and watch.

Thanks, Paul. I guess experience -- especially if it includes experimenting --
will teach me.

As mentioned in a previous response, I did "fiddle with the knobs" with one
especially awful image. [I figured I couldn't make it worse.] It's an
unsalvageable image, but I was able to improve it in some ways. Good that I can
always go back to the default.

Which raises another question: When I make changes to an image in LR, do I need
to save them, or are the saved automatically?

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net