On 12/27/2010 6:56 AM, Bob Sullivan wrote:
Northeastern University continues to send me emails urging me to check
the status of my application to their MBA program.  Except I never did
such.  Some fool doesn't even know his own email address and has
mistakenly entered mine.  I contacted the school once, but the
messages are still coming and I'm done.  They are spam now.  I suppose
you don't deserve an MBA if you can't figure out what your email
address is.
Regards,  Bob S.

In Israel they recently made it a serious offense to keep sending soliciting information to a person after the person specifically requested not to do so. It includes electronic means of communication.

One of the local colleges for some reason decided that I ought to do a degree with them. Once I politely mentioned on the phone that I both have my degree (MSc in Computer Science, thank you so much) and that I am aware of the fact that they are soliciting against my explicitly expressed will, they stopped bugging me...

Boris