I would set the file association to be Photoshop CS5 rather than any
version of Bridge. At least on Mac OS X, Bridge does not have a
"File->Open..." command at all, you tell it what folder (aka
directory) to browse using the "Folders" panel and it then provides
thumbnails/previews of various sizes for the files contained within
that folder.

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com