On Wednesday, February 13, 2002, at 12:21  PM, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

>  Would I need one set of filters for Ilford
> VC paper, another for Agfa, a third for Kodak, etc.?

Shel, I've found that the Kodak and Agfa sets are very similar.  The
Ilford set is different above 2 1/2.  I've never had any trouble using
an Ilford set with Agfa papers, but my Agfa filters and Ilford
Multicontrast Warmtone fibre were a bad mix: everything seemed quite
flat at 2 and below, but 3 and up gave me very contrasty results, with
no middle ground to be found.

Personally, I like the thickness and packaging of the Agfa set better (a
book with pages that are individual pockets for the filters), but if you
regularly work with Ilford papers, Ilford's filters are probably the
best choice.  Also, I believe Ilford's filters are the least expensive,
which never hurts.

-Aaron