Good point Godfrey.

To me is more an economical issue.
I own a large collection of Pentacon Six /Carl Zeiss Jena/Schneider Kreutznach
lenses.
I got this 10-15 years ago (ebay) after selling my Rolleiflex (man, was that
great), since I needed interchangeable lenses.

The Pentacon Six really does deliver great results, but:
1. The Pentacon doesn't have a built in lightmeter in the prisma. So it's
really only for studio work. But more important:
2. I just can't seem to learn how to compose square images - so, I wanted a
rectangular format - like 6x7.

So finally, as the price tags seemed to drop a lot, I got a nice deal on a
Pentax 67 + 2.8 90mm lens, a few weeks ago.
Aftewards I have bought a Pentax 300mm and a Pentax 4.0 165mm LS lens for flash
photography. Now I only miss a 45mm or 55mm :-)

So, I'm selliong my Pentacon Six equipment shortly

The first reason I got a Pentax 67 is, that I can't afford a Pentax 645D :-))
In Europe this will cost 20,000 USD with one lens.
I would have to be a full time pro in order to convince my wife, I need this :-)

The 645D would cost me money (interest), since I don't have 20 grand to many
lying arrond, even if it's not in use, for a while.
The 67 will only cost me money, when ever I have a paying customer to take care
of the bills (film, development etc.)

So, until I win the lottery, I will use medium format as long as I can convince
myself, that it will deliver results superior to my K20D or K-7 (and (hopefully
soon) the K-5).

I bought the Petnax 67 from a pro rental studio, that didn't really want it
anymore. At this studio, I could see film  wrappings lying on the floor here
and there - which means: Pros still use film - at least to some extend.

Reagrds
Jens

--
Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.