On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 12:14 AM, Boris Liberman <bori...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh... Well, I've reread and reread and reread again your answers, Godfrey.
> Here is what I managed to make out of them.
>
> 1. Sharpness is a perceived quality of a displayed image.

Agree

> 2. Acutance and resolution are measured. Resolution is more theoretical such
> as a resolution of a lens and acutance is more practical, depending on the
> specifics of the given image (screen, paper, etc).

The difference in how I use the terms is that resolution can be
calculated or observed while acutance can only be observed. Because of
that, includes all the notions of edge contrast, acuteness, etc that
have been mentioned. Neither is necessarily "theoretical", but
anything calculated can be theoretical depending upon the premises of
the calculations.

>>>I think that would be udder nonsense.
>>Whey too much.
>It's one way to stay a breast of these things.

I would be unlikely to have a cow because of that.

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com