On 1/5/2011 9:42 AM, Boris Liberman wrote:
On 1/5/2011 4:33 PM, Miserere wrote:
True, but it might be better. I'll reserve judgment until I've
actually used the X100, as I still don't know how one confirms manual
focus, but so far it looks like this system improves upon the old
fashioned rangefinder method. [ducks for cover]

    —M.

Miserere (please un(duck for cover)). You see, they have already indicated that the viewfinder will have approx 0.5 magnification. It means that it may be very difficult to confirm manual focus for glass wearers such as myself. In fact, from my brief encounter with Sony A55, I would imagine that for manual focus one would have to use EVF that most likely is going to have a magnification function of some kind to actually facilitate precision focusing manually.

Boris

I expect that there will be something like the green hexagon in the Pentax K20D, maybe projected onto the selected focus point location in the viewfinder. That's how they're doing the bright line frames.

--
Where's the Kaboom?  There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering Kaboom!

        --Marvin the Martian.