On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 1:04 AM, Boris Liberman <bori...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/8/2011 3:17 PM, paul stenquist wrote:
>>
>> I find the video mildly useful and entertaining on the K-5. Wouldn't
>> want it on a 645D. Don't use any presets or post processing. I have
>> used live view when necessary to get a shot, and it works well on the
>> K-5. Paul
>
> I don't think that video and/or live view is technologically viable on 645D.
> Consider the power consumption of the unit during video recording. May be
> some day they will come up with a sensor that can be powered up only
> partially, say in the center. Then we might get medium format cameras
> shooting video. Alternatively they still owe us power supply revolution
> /grin/.
>
> Boris

The sensor is not capable of LV or video. Which is a distinct loss in
the case of Live View (which is a superb innovation as it turns your
DSLR into a miniature view camera, complete with a built-in magnifier.
Absolutely awesome when working on a tripod).

Personally I could care less about video. Ditto for in-camera
processing and its multiple variations.

-Adam