I have no idea what happened.  Does SmugMug automatically put the
original size in the caption?  I thought maybe you had found another
undocumented function of the *istD.  ;-)  I'm also assuming the the px
in the SM caption did mean pixels.

You can just leave the aperture ring on A and change Tv and Av with
the single ring.  You have to depress another button to change the
other setting (It's in the manual).  I used to just use Av mode and
use the back dial to change the aperture.  Again, see the manual.

--
Steve Desjardins