Interesting, I'm using both a K-5 and a K-7 for some jobs. When I need good low
light focus, I always to with the K-5. In my case, it's much better than the
K-7. Doesn't hunt at all and locks right on, even in light that requires f4,
1/30th and ISO 6400. No sensor smudges either. But I've always been lucky with
equipment. (Working the Detroit auto show right now, but as a writer rather
than a photographer, so I brought only a P&S.)
Paul