>> What I can't figure is why all of the MZ series in the rest of
>> the world are called ZX here in the US, but the MZ-S shares the
>> same designation everywhere.

> You have to thank the US government I guess. This applies to many
> other imported products too, not just ZX cameras.

Maybe.  However, this may be the design of Pentax's own marketing
department (and we all know what that department's capable of -
<g>).

Pentax has long had geographical differences in its cameras.  Back
in the screwmount days, there were distributor-caused differences
("Asahi Pentax" versus "Tower", "Asahi Pentax" versus "Heiland
Pentax" versus "Honeywell Pentax", S1 versus H1, SV versus H3v,
etc.).  In the K-mount era, the most obvious example (to me) would
be the chrome Super Program versus the black Super A, but there have
been many other nomenclature differences (Program Plus versus
Program A, A3000 versus A3, SF1n versus SFXn, etc., right up to the
current ZX-* versus MZ-*, etc.), as well.

Also, these were not simply "US" versus "the rest of the world"
differences, were they?  Weren't they actually "North America"
versus "the rest of the world" differences?  Perhaps our Canadian
PDML-ers can elucidate which specific models were marketed in their
country during Pentax history...

Finally, consider this - Why is the LX sold as the "LX" in the rest
of the world, but sold as the "ILX" on eBay?  (Actually, we all know
the answer - <heh-heh>.)

Fred