From: "P. J. Alling"
But that's just the point of the K mount and the 624 mount cameras.
They play to an existing user base with a boat load, (relatively
speaking in the case of the 645D), of used lenses available.  A bigger
camera, (and in the case of the 645D I don't think it's any bigger
really) is not so much of a problem in when you're working with an
installed user base, with all of those yummy legacy lenses.  The Auto
110 had what 5 primes, 2 zooms and 1 third party teleconverter.  If it
goes with the m4:3 standard then the those lenses won't work without an
adapter anyway, if they use their own standard, I bet the lenses would
cover APS-C, given it's high ISO noise advantage why not just go with an
APS-C camera body...

Hey wait a moment.  Doesn't Pentax already have a camera system using an
APS-C sensor and a legacy lens mount?

AFAIK, there was only one zoom lens for the Auto110 system + 5 primes & a Soligor 1.7x teleconverter.

I think APS-C would be a better fit for an Auto110D than 4:3, even if Pentax already has an APS-C line.

As I said, I think it's a clever idea, but I don't think Pentax will do it because they wouldn't make money from it. If the market is there, I don't see it.

But idle speculation about it doesn't cost anything.

This is one area where it won't hurt my feelings if I'm wrong. If it came to market, I'd look hard at seeing if I could figure out how to afford one, because I do have the lenses (other than the 18mm Pan Focus).

-----
No virus found in this message.