From: Charles Robinson
On Jan 26, 2011, at 21:15, Eric Weir wrote:

On Jan 26, 2011, at 9:38 PM, Charles Robinson wrote:

I'm going to keep trying.  At 14F degrees last night, my
fingers were stiffening up after the first 45 minutes.  My
wife and daughter run downtown at the Metrodome (RIP) on
Tuesday/Thursday nights - I'll keep bringing the camera and
we'll see what happens.

Yeah, the weather must be a real challenge. Do you know how long
this has been happening? Do you know if happens during warmer
weather? If so you could wait. Otherwise, regarding the earlier
suggestion, it will probably take time for them to get used to
you. Bob's -- or was it Bill's? -- suggestion of a blind is a
good one, too.

I love the idea of setting up a blind in downtown Minneapolis.  Who
will notice me first: The birds, or the police?

If the cops are anything like the ones around here they're easy. Take along a thermos of coffee & invite them to share a cup while you show them what you're trying to do. Wave your arm around and say "Have you ever seen so many crows in one place? I have just got to get a good photograph!"

One glance at the little TV screen on the back of the camera will do the rest. They'll pigeon hole you as harmless crazy.

I don't know the terrain around there, but it looked like you should have room to set up off the sidewalk. As long as your blind isn't blocking a thoroughfare the cops won't care once they know you're legit.

-----
No virus found in this message.