In a message dated Sun, 17 Feb 2002 11:48:47 AM Eastern Standard Time, "Oliver
Raymond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Just a quickie:
>
> I've just brought a fire safe for some of my more 'important' negatives...
> and it let me a  'trollish' thread thought:
>
> What happens to the digital shooter when their hard disk crashes? When their
> CD gets scratched?

Not saying I have the best answer -- be interested in any better suggestions -- but
all digital photographs I'm interested in preserving are archived on at least two
separate CDs. In other words I have two sets of CDs on which I archive them, and then
if they're part of a project they go into whatever folder is relevant to that project,
on yet another CD (or two).