Very interesting and worthwhile thread. I don't shoot B&W often, but a
couple of summers ago I shot a roll of Scala just to try it out. (Loved
it.) I had a red filter on the lens and just used whatever exposure the
TTL meter said to use (on a ZX-50). I don't think a single shot was off
in its exposure. On some shots, -1/2 EV gave me an exposure I preferred,
but this is often the case with transparencies. The metered exposure
seemed never to be wrong.

Can someone help me understand this in view of the posts indicating that
TTL metering through filters isn't necessarily accurate for B&W?

Thanks,

Joe