That's not really how it works. Eye-fi uses skyhook's database.
There's an explanation of how that was created here:
http://www.skyhookwireless.com/howitworks/

In Igor's example the photos would be tagged as being taken in
Houston, even though the Wi-Fi wasn't free. All eye-fi needs is the
Wi-Fi hotspot's SSID to determine location. At least, as far as I
understand it.

Eric.

On 8 February 2011 15:15, Thibouille <pentaxl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thouse from Houston won't be tagged, those from Boston will tagged but how?
> Geoloc on the net is AFAIK VERY imprecise. If it is just to get the
> town name, not very useful, really.
>
> 2011/2/8 Igor Roshchin <s...@komkon.org>:
>>

>> 2011/2/8 Bruce Walker <bruce.walker at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Actually, you can have that now if you pop in an Eye-Fi Pro X2 8GB
>>> SDHC
>>> card. Has a built-in GPS, as well as the WiFi that is its primary

--
Eric