was hired as a model for this in 2004... had not met her before. but she ws shooting less than 2 blocks from my apt and I needed the money. all the models were hires.

But actually, it wasn't unpleasant... I was lucky - pig stomach apparently keeps better than chicken... The opening at the gallery in 2004 was on my birthday ! lol. The photo was in the NY Times where one of my friends wrote an email to say "you look good in tripe" my best friend, however, didn't recognize me.

in 2005 I was recognized in San Francisco from the photo as it was in Art in America. I do have a print of the
photo - if Pinar continues to make splashes it might go on ebay :-)

My name has never been associated with the photo. at first it was kinda hard to deal with, but now I just am amused and I really
rather like young Pinar... though I haven't seen her in a couple of years.

ann

Walter Gilbert wrote:

Ann ... maybe you should explain to Pinar that when people speak of suffering for one's art, they're talking about the artist ... not everyone the artist knows!

But, hey.  As long as they spell your name right, huh?

-- Walt