On 2011-02-15 20:50, Rick Womer wrote:
Another approach:

A4 is standard in Europe, and is almost 8 x 12 in. (8.27 x 11.69, to be exact).

B&H sells A3 paper, which is twice the size of A4; so I just cut an A3 sheet in
half.

In general, that's the way paper works. If you have a size like A4, then it's "big brother" size will be twice the width, at the same height. So, letter-sized paper (size "A", 8.5" x 11") is exactly half of a "B" size page (11" x 17") which is exactly half of a "C" sized page (17" x 22") which is half of a "D" sized page (22" x 34") which half of an "E" sized page (34" x 44"). I don't know the exact to the millimeter size of the "European" paper sizes, but the same relationship exists between A5, A4, A3, A2, and A1, and B5, B4, B3, ..., if my memory is accurate. My guess is it's based on each size being two of the smaller size, folded in half and bound.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)