From: "Bob W"
Following the link posted by Liz, I came across another short article
> (blogpost?) on about.com written by her,
> http://photography.about.com/od/developingandprinting/qt/ImageFormats.h
> tm
>
> I liked the subject: I thought it was the first time that I've seen
> somebody discussing different aspect ratios of the prints of different
> standard sizes and the planning needed for that.

We have discussed it here before. Not often, but occasionally and mostly
related to the question of why people crop their photos to fit paper sizes,
rather than cropping the paper to fit the photo.

I blame it on the high media costs associated with ink-jet printers.

-----
No virus found in this message.