Since you point out its convenience for film, perhaps you should have
included some words on performance in the gelatine world? The
"aberrations" rating would probably look quite different because of
the lens' droplet distortion towards the corners, for example. Sample
variation was also a big issue with this lens, IIRC. Especially with
regards to centering.

When I look at some of my shots, from the days of the *istD, I see
purple-green aberrations increasing towards the corners. Mine was not
perfectly centered, so it's more noticeable on the left side of the
images.

Jostein

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/