Danial,

I very much enjoyed your pictures from Hawaii. I've been to the big island of Hawaii, but have spent most of my time on the island of Oahu.

I really fell in love with orchids after visiting the big island and going to a botanical garden on the outskirts of Hilo.

Now my oldest daughter and her family have moved back to the states from Oahu so I'll probably never go to the islands again. That's OK, because there are so many other places to see and time is running out.

Our son lives in Alexandria VA, so our last trip was 10 days of going to places run by the Smithsonian. What fun we had. We also saw several local attractions in Alexandria, including a locally run Black History Museum and the US Patent and Copyright Museum.

Another highlight was going to the Marine Museum south of Alexandria and close to Quantico. This museum covered the whole history of the Marine Corp with fantastic displays.

Richard Bush