Microsoft has a Norton AV removal tool somewhere on their website.
Search support.microsoft.com for "norton removal tool"

I don't think you really need one for McAfee. It's slightly better behaved.

From: eckinator

which won't do the trick 100%, same as with other manufacturers. both
the symantec and kaspersky support hotlines have free tools for a full
removal (symantec NoNAV or CleanWipe and Kaspersky KAVremover) so I
think it is reasonably safe to assume MacAfee will require a similar
procedure. can't vouch for TrendMicro's claim being accurate but they
say their enterprise products perform a complete uninstall. what I do
know though is that their home offering, PCcillin isn't really the
most effective scanner.

2011/2/28 Brian Walters <supera1...@fastmail.fm>:
> On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 22:20 -0500, "Doug Franklin"
> <jehosep...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>> On 2011-02-27 22:07, Paul Stenquist wrote:
>>
>> > How would I go about uninstalling it? Do I have to find uninstall
software.?

>> First, look in the regular "Start" menu for McAfee. ?There may be an
>> "Uninstall me" command right there beside the "Start me" command. ?If
>> not, open the Control Panel from the "Start" menu. ?Then select
>> "Add/Remove Programs" from the window that appears. ?It'll show you a
>> list of the stuff it can uninstall, and you should find McAfee in the
>> list. ?You'll probably have to reboot somewhere in the installation,
>> since McAfee installs stuff that hooks into the system at very low
>> levels. ?Don't start installing the replacement until you've completed
>> removing McAfee, then reboot one more time for good measure. :-)

-----
No virus found in this message.