From: David Mann
On Feb 28, 2011, at 11:11 AM, Matthew Hunt wrote:

I used to use AVG Free, which also tends to do well in the
reviews, but I got tired of playing "find the hidden link to the
free version and then parse the quadruple negatives to avoid
installing crapware with it" every time they released a new major
version.

I think we paid for AVG at work but version 8 became a bit too
bloated so we switched to Comodo.  It seems to work alright but the
latest version is starting to spam me by way of the "Comodo Message
Center" and I haven't worked out how to turn it off.

IMHO, anything that comes preinstalled on a new PC should be
uninstalled the day you get it.  You are meant to be the customer,
not the product.

I agree with you to a certain extent, although occasionally - rarely - they include something useful ... even if I can't think of a specific example at the moment.

I do wait until the warranty expires before purging crap-ware from the system so they can't blame me if anything goes wrong with it.

-----
No virus found in this message.