From: David Mann
On Feb 28, 2011, at 11:09 PM, Rob Studdert wrote:
I use it pretty extensively (firewall only), good tool. You can
disable the annoying messages by opening the Comodo control
panel, select the more tab then preferences then deselect "Enable
Comodo Message Center"
Thanks.  Nice and easy.

I'll give it a go when my work PC gets dropped off.

I did a full virus scan on the machine a couple of weeks ago when I
saw a weird net connection (turned out to be a Skype server
connection).  It brought the machine to its knees for several hours.
I just love virus scanners.  And ancient hardware.

Dave

I run a full scan every morning at 3:00 am so that it will do its thing while I'm asleep. If I'm still at the computer when the scan starts, it's another reminder I need to go to bed.

We had severe thunderstorms passing through here last night and the power was off long enough for the computer to shut down. I have a heavy duty surge protector with a UPS plugged into it powering the computer, monitor & NAS.

I was out trying to photograph something for "Big Weather".

I left the computer powered off when I returned to the apartment last night. When I finally dragged myself out this morning and turned on the computer AVG immediately began to perform the missed scan.

I hope it's going to finish soon because my card reader won't appear until the scan is finished, and I need to see if I've got anything for "Big Weather".

-----
No virus found in this message.