Frank,
The original is color - note it says dye transfer print and is signed by Erwitt...

I think this was done as commercial work, btw..

so  don't be pissed ! :-)

annsan Erwitt fan

frank theriault wrote:

I'm totally against the death penalty (sorry for starting a political thread).

But in the case of the person who colourized this photo:

http://alaintruong.canalblog.com/archives/2009/04/15/13399690.html

I say, "string him up!"

When I was answering Darren Addy on another thread, I was looking for
a proper rendition of this masterpiece to tack onto my reply.  When
doing a Google search I came across this (there were a few others that
were colourized, too).

Why would anyone do this?

Why?

I'm outraged.