On Mar 4, 2011, at 1:47 AM, Brian Walters wrote:

> New Zealanders are resilient but it's hard to understand how the city
> will recover from this.

We will come back but it's going to take a very long time and I don't know what
the central city is going to look like.  It's hard to imagine.  Economically
the impact is going to be huge but we have a lot of financial backing from the
Earthquake Commission and private insurance.  But a lot of businesses are going
to go under.

We do have memories of Napier in the back of our collective mind.  That town
was devastated in 1931 with 256 lives lost, and they rebuilt it in an art deco
style which it's now famous for.

It looks like we're going to have our remaining chimney taken down today.
I'll take photos.

Dave