On Mar 6, 2011, at 6:51 AM, Boris Liberman wrote:

> On 3/5/2011 3:27 AM, Larry Colen wrote:
>> It seems that the more serious photography I do, the lower the percentage of
>> time I spend actually taking pictures.
>>
>> --
>> Larry Colen l...@red4est.com sent from i4est
>
> Larry, you're a programmer, right? So you ought to know that 80-20 rule - 80%
> of time you analyze requirements, design, plan, scratch your head etc, and
> only 20% of time you actually write code. So long as you don't go way below
> the 20% waterline - you're fine, methinks. No, seriously, if you are being
> serious, it necessarily means lots of planning, preparation,
> pre-visualization, and a lot of post-effort - editing, dealing with people
> for whom you do the photography and so on. So I see nothing that is
> specifically backwards here.
>
> Or I misunderstood your question...

My process of rating, choosing and sorting pictures is a lot faster when they
are just for me.  Throw in the process of getting them to select which prints
they want, and other communications, and all of a sudden my post processing
time is about 3-4 times what it is when I'm just doing pictures for myself.

At some point, I'll need to figure out how to set up a gallery where customers
can order prints in such a way that I have a chance to clean up the prints that
have been ordered.  Ideally, they'd also be able to rate photos too.

I should probably just take my camera for a walk in the forest while it's
raining, just to do take some photos for myself for a change.