Larry. To it seems that your main problem is that you shoot way to many frames.

Today at the elders day centre I had six models and shot 60 frames in
a bot more than one hour.
You shot for three hours and ended up with 1200 frames, how many
models did you shoot?
Maybe my subjects where more static and easier to shoot than yours,
but you get the drift. I think you are making the editing process a
lot harder than it needs to be, because you are to trigger happy.

--
MaritimTim

http://maritimtim.blogspot.com/