Krisjanis Linkevics wrote on Mon, 07 Mar 2011 06:31:22 -0800

> Need advice on unscrewing a thin circular polarizer from my 14mm. I thought I
> screwed it on at below freezing but it turns out it has screwed me and now
> refuses to unscrew.

I've had luck in removing a stuck filter by putting the lens in the freezer for
a few minutes.  The temperature change can break the bond of the filter thread
to the lens thread.  You have to unscrew it quickly before it warms up, though.

Jim King
jamesk8...@mac.com