2011/3/11 William Robb <anotherdrunken...@gmail.com>:
>> Shoots his own logic in the foot, in my opinion.
>>

> How do you figure that? He used one particular measure when a measure was
> specified, but he also made mention of the majority of his snow pictures
> doing nothing for him. The argument could just as easily be applied to non
> monetary gain activities.

Why _stop_ at monetary reward? The argument could more forcibly be
applied to non-economic gains. Everyone has to pay the rent, and
that's also where duty lies for most people. As a token of achiement
it's loaded by more connotations than what's good for the point to
come cleanly across. At least to me.

To Mike's defence, monetary reward is much easier to quantify for the
format of the short articles he write. There may also be a little
difference of culture here, as in the classic question of whether you
work to live or live to work.

Jostein

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/