> Indeed, it seems like a good practice to format a card in the camera
> every time the images were copied from it to the computer.
>
> Boris

I am sure "every time" is a huge overkill. Just using it in a reader that can
mount it properly without need for specialized drivers should be enough. I have
seen the problem a long time ago with a crappy no-name memory card. Have been
using Sandisk memory cards for the past 10 years with no card ever having this
problem (and not formatting them ever, not even the recommended first format
"in-camera").

kris