> From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
> Bruce Walker

> The rest of the slide ecosystem is almost gone too. Ever tried to find
> slide projector for sale new?  My wife occasionally gives horticulture
> talks and has a couple of dozen preloaded carousels of slides, so I'm
> the official maintainer of our two very cranky Kodak Carousel
> projectors.  Sometimes we borrow one from our neighbor when I can't get
> either of ours to advance.  Kodak was kind enough to put PDFs of the
> service manuals up on their site, so I have a fighting chance. But
> parts
> are drying up, and bulbs are expensive as hell.
>
> One of these days it'll be a new LCD projector and days of slide
> scanning. :-(

funny you should mention that. I've been having a bit of a clear out and
found my carousel at the weekend. I'd forgotten I even had it, it's so long
since I used it.

I also have hundreds of envelopes of print film with negatives in that I've
never catalogued. Some day I'll have to put aside some time to do that, and
try to scan some of the decent stuff while I'm at it.

Some places do so-called 'shoebox scanning' for people. That must be a
soul-destroying job.