On 11-03-17 4:50 PM, Brian Walters wrote:
On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 14:02 -0400, "Bruce Walker"<bruce.wal...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Anyway, my take is that the images from your camera are fine.

Both PJ and I have confirmed that there is subtle banding pixellation in
the sky when viewed with the Pentax software so I suspect it's not a
monitor issue but the way software interprets the image.  CS3/4 don't
show the problem but Jeffrey's CS5 seems to pick it up in the same way
as the Pentax software.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia
http://lyons-ryan.org/southernlight/

FWIW, I'm using CS5 too. RAW converter was latest ACR. I inspected at various magnifications from fit-to-screen up to 200%. And I'm generally pretty sensitive to pixelization and other image artifacts.

-bmw