David J Brooks wrote:

What were you doing 35 years ago about this time.??

Welll - in March of 1976 I was playing in the New York City Scrabble Championship and photographing it as well. The year before I had acquired two Pentax Kx's , a 28 mm lens, a 50 f1.7 and a 135. PReviously I had had a Ricoh and a Mamiya-Sekor which I was fond of calling "my mamiya". I was just starting to do my own developing and processing about that time too. I was also hanging out shooting pool and playing Scrabble and listening to music at a bar/cafe in the village called Broadway Charly's
where , in 1978, I had my first photo exhibit.

I was working as a senior project director in the tab end of Consumer research for a little company called MG Data. We were sharing offices with Simmons Research and their mainframe then. I was writing specs on large sheets of lined and blocked paper and getting them key-punched. The company was like a family - lots of hard work and lots of laughter. Using a program from Donovan Data systems for our specs. One of the systems guys taught me how to develop and print slides with Cibachrome. That was before I took the plunge to do black and white processing myself.. a bit backwards, there but I had so feared that my klutziness would result in disaster when trying to load film. That June I took my first travel vacation all by myself to the Pacific Northwest and the Canadian Rockies (I had been divorced about 4 years) Flew to Seattle where I got to stay with the parents of one of my clients for a night or two on each end of the two weeks - took the ferry to Vancouver , the train east to the Bamff and Lake Louise - bussed it back to Vancouver. I had gone in quest of the Burges Shale, in a way - still a bit of a rock hound then. It was a spectacular trip .. met all kinds of interesting people, hiked, took photos, ate yummy food and came back refreshed.... but wasn't able to get up to the trilobites on Mt Burgess due to a late spring snow on top of the not yet melted winter cover.

ann