Hey Steve
Did you go to U of M Orono by any chance?

ann

steve harley wrote:

On 2011-03-18 07:26 , David J Brooks wrote:

What were you doing 35 years ago about this time.??

on thinking back the first thing that came up was i thought i was infatuated with Amanda, whom i had not yet met, but who called me from the next town on nights she babysat for my lascivious high school chemistry teacher (who set the whole thing up); we spent hours on the phone but when we finally met it was awful

this may have been the one winter the Kennebec River froze so smoothly for a few weeks that i had done a ten-mile skate around Swan's island; i built an ice boat only to find fresh snow on the river the first morning it was ready to sail

i hadn't even touched a computer yet but i was soon to subscribe to Byte Magazine and devour details of the S-100 bus, dip switch programming, Commodore PET ...

photography was only a blip -- in 76 my father was retired from the street photography i wouldn't appreciate until 82, and my stepfather had given me a camera (i think it was a K-1000) but i had no budget for film so nothing happened and he asked the next year if he could give it to a student of his