I only use the video feature on my k-7 occasionally.  I agree that the
editing is a bear... I haven't gone too far down that rabbithole,
except to play around a bit in iMovie.  My kids seem to have more
facility with it, though (They've taught me everything I know!).  I
expect the next generation of photographers will be more comfortable
as part-time videographers than we are.

And just for laughs, here's a couple of (short) VESOs... "amateur"
would be a generous description of these...

>From our bike tour in Durango last summer, shot with the k-7:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23028562@N04/4910974632/in/set-72157622646199475/

My first surf, shot by my 11 yr old daughter on a p&s.  (You've been warned...)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23028562@N04/4828803595/in/set-72157622646199475/

:)
-c