Dimly is a funny name for a cat...

But nicely captured expression on your niece's face...
That envelope near Dimly is a bit distracting - I'd clone that out.
ann

Tim Bray wrote:

My niece Anne and in the background her cat, dimly:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/timbray/5557418528/lightbox/

Also the first shot from the new K-5, with the new DFA 100mm f2.8 on
the front.  What happened was, I was in Calgary on family business and
because of the gusher of flowing oil wealth, there is no sales tax
here.  So I thought, if there's a K-5 to be had, that's in effect like
10% cheaper than where I live.  Went to a quiet old-fashioned camera
store and he had only one K-5 left, display model, he knocked quite a
bit off, and the stock of Pentax glass was kid of dusty and unloved
looking, so I poked around a bit and he made a major deal (if E-Bay
prices are any guide) on the 100mm.

I wasn't really thinking of this as a portrait lens, but hey.
Straight out of the camera, 1/50 f2.8, the only intervention being a
bit of white-balance nudging and jpg conversion, Lightroom.

-T